Stanford University researchers have good news for coffee lovers
According to the new research, a daily dose of caffeine prevents inflammation in the blood vessels, whichcould help counteract inflammation.
More than 90% of all diseases related to aging are associated with chronic inflammation.
The new research
After studying 100 people it has been found that the caffeine could counteract chemical reactions that trigger inflammation. And that this could explain why coffee drinkers tend to live longer than those who don't drink coffee.
Chronic inflammation contributes to many cancers, Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, cardiovascular disease, osteoarthritis, and even depression.
More benefits of coffee you should know
1. Benefits for your brain
• Increases memory and concentration.Caffeine improves mental capacity for 45 minutes, and it also appears that it can improve memories for up to 24 hours after it is consumed.
• Improve logic and speed up reaction time. A total daily dose of 800 mg of caffeine (just over eight cups of coffee) on successive nights is an effective strategy to maintain cognitive function when we cannot get enough sleep. This study was done trying to discover the best ways to overcome the fatigue of Army soldiers.
2. Reduces the risk of Parkinson's
To drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease in half. People who already suffer from Parkinson's can also benefit from the action of coffee, it seems that it can help control some of your symptoms, as are the coordination problems.
3. Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
A Harvard study found that people who took more coffee over a period of 4 years they have a 11% lower risk of diabetesthan those who did not increase their coffee consumption.
4. Helps relieve headache
Combining a pain reliever with caffeine could be the secret to curing your headache. Combining 200 mg ibuprofen with 100 mg caffeine is the most effective way to relieve a headache.
5. Reduces the risk of mouth and throat cancer
According to the American Cancer Society, people who drink more than 4 cups of coffee a day have a 49% lower risk of developing mouth and throat cancers than those who drink only once in a while.
- Coffee to live longer
- Daily coffee could keep Alzheimer's at bay
- Coffee as a cardioprotector
- How coffee alters our biological rhythm
- The more coffee you drink, the lower the risk of colon cancer