Information

Duero-Esgueva region

Duero-Esgueva region

What to see and visit in Valladolid?

The Duero-Esgueva Region it is bathed by the Esguevay Duero river. The Valley of the Esgueva is located there.

It is located to the east of the province, north of Tierra de Pinares and Campo de Peñafiel. They are very fertile lands dedicated mainly to vineyards (wine from D. O. Ribera del Duero).

It includes the following towns: Peñafiel, Olmos de Peñafiel, Castrillo de Duero, Tudelade Duero, Olivares de Duero, Sardón de Duero, San Bernardo, Curiel de D., Canillas de Esgueva, Encinasde Esgueva, Villafuerte de Esgueva, Castroverde deCerrato, Renedo de Esgueva, Rábano, San Llorente, Cogeces del Monte, Melida, Villafuerte de Esgueva, Valbuena de D., Fompedraza, Montemayor de Pililla, Canalejas de Peñafiel, Torre de Esgueva, Sardonde Duero, Traspinedo, Roturas, Campaspero, Canalejasde Peñafiel, Pesquera de Duero.

- Cogeces del Monte: It has several routes for hiking, very interesting: the Route of the Cueva de Valdelaperra, Route of the Castro Wall, Route of Fountains, Route of the Valdecascón Valley, ...

  • Yesterday Museum (c / Carrabilla, 18, Tel .: 983 29 76 30): Ethnographic museum.
  • Valdelaperra cave.
  • Walled town from the bronze age, its medieval villages
  • Villafuerte de Esgueva: This town, its castle and its protected environment make up a Historical Complex.
    • Villafuerte Castle (983 683 722): it was built in the 15th century and belonged to Garci Franco de Toledo.
  • Cuco Valley: also known for its rich fishing on the banks of the Duero River. La Vega del Duero, is a fertile area dedicated to cereals, vineyards, beets and aromatic plants. (See Natural Parks in Valladolid)
  • Duratón and Botijas valleys: They are other very fertile valleys located perpendicularly to the course of the Duero River, which are also very fertile, there are good fishing grounds and they also constitute Important Wetlands.
  • Tudela de Duero: Their endives and lettuces are famous.
    • Parish Church of the Assumption: it was built in the 16th century. They stand out: Its portal is in columnar style and its balustrades in Plateresque style, both made by Juan de Escalante. It also highlights its baroque style high altar table that was made by Gregorio Fernández.
    • Santinos Nature Classroom (Duquede la Victoria, 5, 47001 Valladolid, Tel: 983 411 060): it is located 1 km away and provides information on the natural environment of the River Duero, pine forests. (See Natural Parks in Valladolid).
  • Padilla de Duero:
    • Archaeological zone of Pintia: it is a Celtic town, Los Vacceos. The Romans finished them off and the city was buried. Today and thanks to some excavations, all the archaeological remains of that town have come to light.
  • Saint Bernard:
    • Monastery of Santa María deValbuena: It was founded in 1143 by Mrs. Estefanía, Count Ansúrez's granddaughter. It is the headquarters of Las Adades del Hombre (it is a religious foundation whose goal is the dissemination and promotion of Castilian-Leon sacred art).
  • The Ribera del Duero: The Regular Council of D. Ribera de Duero wines is located in Roa, in the Ribera del Dueroburgalesa. It is made up of 19 towns in Valladolid, all of them related to the vineyards and the wine industry: such as: Bocos de Duero, Canalejas de Peñafiel, Castrillo de Duero, Curiel de Duero, Fompedraza, Manzanillo, Olivaresde Duero, Olmos de Peñafiel, Peñafiel, Pesquera de Duero, Piñel de Abajo, Piñelde Arriba, Quintanilla de Arriba, Quintanilla deOnésimo, Rábano, Roturas, Torre de Peñafiel, Valbuena de Duero and Valdearcosde la Vega. Its red wines are characterized by being very covered in color, with purple iridescence, a very delicate and penetrating aroma and gently acidic. The rosés are subtle in color, fruity, fresh and light on the palate. (See Natural Parks in Valladolid).
    • Penafiel: it was founded in the 10th century by Juan García, constituting itself as a stronghold. Kings such as: Dña. Urraca, Fernando III or Alfonso X, Don Juan Manuel, Príncipe de Viana (born in it), Don Carlos, Juan II (who ordered the castle to be rebuilt in the 15th century), It has an important old town of medieval origin, which is very well preserved. The neighborhood is divided into the old Jewish quarter Reoyo, the Moorish quarter, the noble houses of Calle Mayor and Plaza del Coso.
      • Peñafiel Castle: also called San Pablo. It was built in the 10th century by King Juan Ramiro II, passed into the hands of Almazor and in the year 1008 Sancho Garcíalo recovered it for Christianity. It is Moorish in style. Fernando III el Santoinstituted the dominion of Peñafiel for his son AlfonsoX el Sabio, who gave it to his nephew Juan Manuel and he was in charge of walling it up and expanding it as we know it now. In 1456 he granted Don Pedro Tellez Girón, Master of the Order of Calatrava, the rights to the rest of the castle, including its rebuilding, and it was D. Pedro Girón who built the current Castle. Currently in it is located the Provincial Wine Museum. It is a beautiful castle, it is built on a hill and is shaped like a ship. Declared National Heritage in 1917. The museum collects the history and the elaboration of wine from beginning to end, the different utensils used, tells about the climate and the impact it has on the vines, the wineries, different types of wines ...
      • Ribera House Museum (Pza. Del Concejillo, 6, Tel .: 983 88 1526).
      • San Miguel's Church
      • San Esteban Parish: in which its XV century clock tower stands out.
      • Regional Museum of Sacred Art: located in the Church of Santa María.
      • Convent and Church of Santa Clara: it was founded in the seventeenth century, by the Order of Poor Clares of the Incarnation. It was ordered to be built by Isabel de laCueva, wife of Pedro Téllez Girón.
      • Payments of the Quintanas, Las Ruedas, Pintia Romana: It is a very extensive area full of vestiges of various past civilizations such as: Celtic Iberian and Roman vestiges. You can take a guided tour of Pintia vaccea and Roman by contacting the Archaeological Classroom in the Plaza del Coso de Peñafiel.
    • Duero fishing: known for its excellent Pesquera D. O. wine. It is included in the archaeological zone of Pintia: in the artisan neighborhood of Carralaceña, the old ovens and their cemetery were found.
      • The wheels: necropolis of the archaeological zone of Pintia.
    • Curiel de Duero:
      • Ethnographic Museum (Plaza de San Miguel, Tel .: 983 880 115).
      • Castle below: it was ordered to be built in 1410 by Don Diego Lópezde Estúñiga. Only the main facade and its towers remain.
      • Above Castle: it was ordered to be built in the 13th century by the infant Don Juan, brother of Sancho IV. Then it passed into the hands of Don Diego López de Estúñiga. From the castle the entire city is dominated. His style is rock topography.
    • Quintanilla de Arriba: intensive fishing reserve.
    • Castrillo de Duero:
      • Juan Martín elEmpecinado House Museum (former Municipal Schools, Tel .: 686 888 192).
      • Church of the Assumption: it was built in the seventeenth century, although its head is Romanesque.
    • Olivares de Duero:
      • Church of San Pelayo: it was built in the 15th century. They stand out: its plateresque style table.
    • Sadón de Duero:
      • Monastery of Santa Maríade Retuerta: It is a Premonstratensian monastery, which was founded in 1145 and was owned by the Royal House. The monastery is distributed in the style of Cistercian buildings. The church was built between the 12th and 13th centuries, in a transitional style from Romanesque to Gothic.
    • Radish: intensive fishing reserve
  • Esgueva Valley: through which the river Esgueva passes, which begins in Burgos and runs through these lands, crossing the towns of: Renedode Esgueva, Castronuevo de Esgueva, Villarmenterode Esgueva, Olmos de Esgueva, Villanueva de losInfantes, Piña de E., Esguevillas de Esgueva, Villafuerte de Esgueva, Amusquillo, Villaco, Castroverdede Cerrato, Fonbellida, Encinas de Esgueva. (See Natural Parks in Valladolid).
    • Interpretation Center of the Esgueva Valley (Next to the urbanization Puerta de Casasola Renedo de Esgueva, Tel .: 983 427 174
    • Renedo de Esgueva
      • The Valley of the Six Senses Park (Ctra. De Villabañez, s / n, Tel.:983 42 71 74): it is located in the Palace of the Power in Renedo. It is located on an area of ​​18,000 m2 and is aimed at children of all ages. The whole park has been conceived, to help children develop their senses.
      • Roman site of Las Calaveras: Roman vestiges.
More information about Valladolid
  • Houses for sale in Valladolid
  • Castilla y León Autonomous Community Guide
  • Telephone Numbers of Interest in Valladolid
  • Valladolid Hotels
  • Parador de Turísmo de Tordesillas
  • Valladolid Restaurants
  • Camino de Santiago in Valladolid
  • Valladolid Pictures
  • Tordesillas Photos
  • Photos of Medina del Campo-Castillo de la Mota
  • Duero-Esgueva region
  • Region of Tierra de Pinares
  • Region of Tierra de Campos
  • Montes Torozos region
  • Museums of Valladolid
  • Cathedral and Churches in Valladolid
  • Places of Interest in Valladolid
  • Festivals in Valladolid
  • Golf courses in Valladolid
  • Natural Parks in Valladolid
  • Places to visit near Valladolid: Guide of Segovía, Guide of Burgos, Guide of Salamanca, Guide of Zamora, Guide of Ávila, Guide of León, Guide of Zamora.

Video: Sorteo I Torneo de Fifa 18 - Renedo de Esgueva (September 2020).