What to see and visit in Valladolid?
- National Museum of Painting and Sculpture (c / Cadenas de San Gregorio, s / n - Tel .: 983 250 375): collects the set of polychrome images of religious art from the 13th to the 18th centuries. With works by the best imaginers of the moment: Alonso Berruguete, Juan de Juni, Gregorio Fernández ... It is located in the old Colegio de San Gregorio, since 1933. Its creator was the Dominican Alonsode Burgos, bishop of Palencia, who thanks to the support of Pope Innocent VIII, obtained all the help, to be able to do it. It was built by Sil de Siloé in 1464 in the Hipano-Flemish style.
- Museum of Valladolid(Plazade Fabio Nelli, s / n - Tel .: 983 351 389): houses the Provincial Archeology Museum, Museum of History and the Museum of Fine Arts.Collects an important sample from the 13th to the 19th centuries. It is located in what was the Palace of Favio Nelli, built in 1597 by Juan González de la Lastra, Francisco de Mazueco and Diego de Praves.
- MuseoPatio Herreriano or Museum of Contemporary ArtSpanish(C / Jorge Guillén, 6. Tel. 983 362 908): it is located in what in the 12th and 13th centuries were the Reales Alcázares and later a Monastery of San Benito (14th century). The monastery was expanded in the 15th century , which was when the current Church of San Benito was built, by Juan de Arandia and Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón. In the 16th century it was expanded again by the architect Juan de Ribero Rada, who created the Processional Patio (current Museum), Patio de los Novicios, Patio de la Hospedería, which served as the city's bank and warehouse.
- Museum of the Monastery of SanJoaquín and Santa Ana (Plaza de Santa Ana, 4 - Tel .: 983 357 672): the monastery was founded and created in 1161 by the Recoletas nuns of San Bernardo. In the eighteenth century it was restored and remodeled by the Italian architect Sabatini and by order of Carlos III, in neoclassical style. Stand out: the paintings of Ramón Bayeu and Francisco de Goya, the image of the Virgin of the sixteenth century (it is the primitive monastery). The museum opened in 1978 and houses the Museum of Sacred Art, with a collection of sculptures, paintings and liturgical objects, as well as a collection of images about the Child Jesus.
- Monastery of Santa Isabel (c / Encarnación, 6 - Tel .: 983 352139): it was built thanks to Pope Innocent VIII in 1472 and his church in 1513, by the architect Gaspar de Solórzan. You can visit: the 16th century cloister, the beguinage, convent cells, its chapel, archive and library. It houses the Museum of Customs and a collection of paintings and sculptures.
- Museum of Natural Sciences (Plaza de España, 7 - Tel. 983 204 465): it is located in the old School of Teaching, it houses collections of Natural Sciences, Zoology, Geology, Paleontology and Botany.
- Diocesan and Cathedral Museum (c / Arribas, 1 (Catedral) - Tel. 983 304 362): it was installed in 1965 in the old Collegiate Church and 5 funerary chapels inside the Cathedral (Chapel of San Llorente, Chapter Room, Chapel of Santo Tomás, Chapel of San Blas, Chapel of San Juan Evangelista and the Chapel of Santa Inés (the Ecce Homo by Gregorio Fernández is located), which houses an important collection of paintings, sculptures, ceramics and liturgical objects from the province.
- Oriental Museum(Paseo de los Filipinos, 7 - Tel. 983 306 800): in 1743, King Felipe V ordered the Augustinian Irden to create a monastery, to train missionaries, who had to leave to evangelize the Philippine Islands. They were installed in a magnificent building, a neoclassical masterpiece, which was built by Ventura Rodríguez in 1759. There they were compiling works and documents related to this task. He Museum of Oriental Art, as such it was not inaugurated until 1980 and was located in the old cloister. Collect: Chinese art and culture (bronzes, weapons, Buddhist images, Buddhist religious objects) and Filipino.
-Zorrilla House Museum Fray Luis de Granada, 2 - Tel .: 983 426 255): the illustrious poet D. José Zorrilla was born there on February 21, 1817 and lived up to 7 years. The house is decorated with furniture and decorations from that period, and houses your personal belongings and library.
- Cervantes House Museum(Rastro, s / n - Tel .: 983 308 810): the illustrious writer lived there between 1603 and 1606. The house is part of the Museum of Fine Arts complex. It is set with furniture and decoration of the time. It houses a collection of paintings and sculptures from the 19th-20th centuries.
- Science museum (Avenida Salamanca, s / n. 47014. - Tel. 983 144300): it is a modern museum recently created and built by Rafael Moneo, Enrique de Teresa and with the collaboration of Francisco Romero and Juan José Echevarría. In it his Planetary with a dome of 11mts. in diameter, its Interactive PyramidYou can also see: the Brain, the Neuron, an Interactive Library, the River of Science and temporary exhibitions.
- CristóbalGabarrón Foundation Museum (Calle Rastrojo c / v Barbecho, s / n. 47014 - Tel. 983 362 490).
- Wine tourism office (Crystal Pavilion, Pº de Recoletos, Tel .: 983 219439): in the capital you can also do Oenological tourism. Since the 11th century and by tradition, the Monasteries were the ones that made wine for the city. The largest and most important wineries of the time were those that had the monastery of SanBenito, San Pablo and the Colegio de Santa Cruz. Within the city you can do 2 routes: route of the inns, figones and taverns: (Puerta del Carmen, Plaza Santa Ana, Calle San Lorenzo, Calle Comedias, Plaza Martí and Monsóy Calle Campana, Calle Correos, Plaza del Val, CallePlaterías, Plaza Mayor; and 2nd the route of the monasteries, wineries: Museum of Science, Avda. Salamanca, Isabel La Católica Bridge, San Benito Monastery, Puente Mayor, San Nicolás Square, Plaza de los Ciegos and Calle Imperial, San Pablo Square, San Martín Church, Santa María de la Antigua, University Square, Palace Santa Cruz, Plaza de España and Calle Teresa Gil. Find out more in that office.
|More information about Valladolid|