Everything you need to know to choose glasses that protect your eyes from the sun.
When we talk about sun protection, we all come to mind sunscreen creams or even a hat, but we hardly ever remember our eyes.
Everyone, regardless of age, should wear sunglasses year-round to cover their eyes.
What is the best way to protect my eyes from the sun?
For the sake of your eyes, it would be best to wear sunglasses all year round
Some things you should keep in mind before buying sunglasses:
- Sunglasses with UV protection provide a 99% coverage against harmful rays.
- Tinted glass doesn't always block UV light.
- Look for a sticker indicating that the glasses have a UV filter.
- Should fit well.
- Lenses must be large and wrap the eye well, to avoid that the harmful rays that can come from the sides or the upper part of the glasses can affect the eyes.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat.
Long-term exposure to sunlight can lead to some complications, such as the development of cataracts, macular degeneration, growths on the surface of the eye, and skin cancer around the eye.
Pay attention to cloudy days, as the sun's UV rays filter through the clouds.
- Why do we get red eyes in the pool?
- How to prevent electronic reading from damaging our eyesight