Pillar,female name of Latin origin "battery", its meaning is "That which is the pillar or support for yours"Name very widespread in Spain.
History and the Saint
Our Lady of Pilar. The Apostle Santiago, I was next to the Ebro river, remembering the words of Jesus (Go all over the world preaching the gospel and baptizing people in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit); when the Virgin Mary appeared to him. According to tradition, it happened in the year 40, Santiago received an image as a souvenir and the mandate to build a temple in that place. A chapel was built, which was later replaced by a beautiful sanctuary. Such was her devotion that in 1642 she was declared patron of the city of Zaragoza with the title of Mary. It is the second most visited shrine in Spain, after Santiago de Compostela.
His Saint is celebrated on October 12.
Pilar diminutive variants: Pili, Piluca.
Pillar in other languages:
- Catalan: Pillar.
- French: Pillar.
Famous, famous historical figures by the name of Pilar
- Pilar Bayona, was born in Zaragoza in 1898. one of the most outstanding Spanish pianists of the 20th century.
- Pilara Lopez, was born in San Sebastiánen in 1913, sister of Encarnación López "Argentina"I stand out as a dancer, choreographer and dance teacher.
- PilarLorengar, was born in Zaragoza in 1928, an outstanding sopranolírica.
- Pilar Miro, was born in Madrid in 1940; famous film director and also worked in politics.
- The seven pillars of wisdom, 1926 by Thomas Edgard Lawrence "Lawrence of Arabia"a classic of the genre.