Related articles and news frequently appear in our recent technological advances and nanotechnology advances sections
with cancer. Discoveries, new studies are configuring progress in the fight against this disease.
We collect here a catalog of existing resources in Euroresidents:
- Advances in Lung Cancer Treatment - 6/23/2005. Article in The New York Times, Advances in Chemotherapy. Dr. John Minna, University of Texas Southwestern.
- Nanoparticles to treat cancer - 6/16/2005. Summary of work carried out at the University of Michigan.
- Nanoparticles to detect Cancer 7-3-2005. application of nanoparticles to detect and treat cancer at the molecular level
- Advances in medicine: the sun could reduce the risk of prostate cancer. 6/15/2005. Abstract article published in Cancer Research
- Advances in systems to detect cancer. 2/8/2005. EurekAlert article about a team of scientists from the University of Bristol is developing a new test capable of detecting breast cancer in its early stage.
- Advances in medicine, new treatments against skin cancer. 12/15/2004. BBC article, a new vaccine against melanoma, one of the most aggressive types of skin cancer.
- Advances in building the immune system against cancer. 2/16/2005. Study cited in MIT Technology Review, by a team from John Hopkins University on cancer cell destruction in patients with liver, lung or pancreas cancer.
- Advances in treatments against leukemia. 2/25/2005. A cancer research team at the University of Rochester has discovered that a plant derivative is capable of attacking the roots of leukemia.
- Advances in methods for diagnosing cancer. 7/16/2004. Article published in MIT Technology Review, on a new blood analysis technique that will allow the diagnosis of cancer in the first phase of the disease.
- Advances in research on metastasis. 6/26/2004. A study carried out by a team of scientists and published in Cell (see study summary here) this month reveals important information about the development of cancer.
- Chicken genome and new possibilities in the study of cancer. 9/12/2004 /. According to an article published by the journal Nature. This represents a great scientific advance in the study of viruses and cancer, of the evolution of vertebrates.
- Spanish scientists use maths to cure terminal liver cancer. Reference to the work Dr. Bru. Complutense University of Madrid.
- Cancer in Spain. Reference to the study presented by Minister Elena Salgado, "The cancer situation in Spain".
- Antonio Bru. 2/6/2005 / Notes on Dr. Bru.
Nanotechnology and Cancer News and Advances
- It is possible to kill cancer cells with nanotechnology. 3/8/2005. A team of researchers from Stanford University has succeeded in killing cancer cells with nanotechnology, without harming healthy cells, through the implantation of microscopic synthetic rods called "nanotubules".
- Nanoparticles to treat cancer. 6/16/2005. A team of researchers from the University of Michigan has succeeded in transporting a highly potent chemotherapy treatment within tumor cells, thus increasing the drug's ability to kill cancer and reducing toxic side effects.
- Nanotechnology and Cancer 4/6/2004. Reference to a publication of the National Nanotechnology Initiative: "Nanotechnology and Cancer, Decrease to achieve Great Advances. Application of Nanotechnology to improve the Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment of Cancer".
- Nanotechnology to detect cancer 1/14/2005. An article in Technology Review (MIT) describes how nanotechnology can detect cancer. Reference to a work from the California Institute of Technology.
- Nanotechnology and new treatments against cancer 11/2/2004. According to an article in Technology Review (MIT), a research team from Nanospectra Biosciences (a spinoff of Rice University) has achieved a scientific breakthrough that will select and destroy cancer cells.
- Nanoparticles to detect Cancer. 3/7/2005. A team of scientists from different specialties from the University of Missouri-Colombia is investigating the application of nanoparticles to detect and treat cancer at the molecular level.
- New treatments for breast cancer. 1/13/2005. Article published in Smalltimes, the North American authorities have just approved the use of a new treatment for breast cancer. The new drug is called Abraxane and it is based on nanoparticles.