Some answers on horse insurance questions
What are the grace periods?
The policy grace periods is 15 days, less liability coverage.
Who bears the recognition costs?
In order to contract, the animal must be subjected to a prior veterinary inspection by the insurance company. The expenses for the veterinary examination or performed on the animals, to decide their hiring, are borne by the insurance company.
How old do the animals have to be to be hired?
The age that the animals must have to be hired is:
- Colts between 6 months to 4 years of age.
- Fillies 6 months to 3 years old.
- Horses or mares for walks between 4/3 years old to 20 years old.
- Jumping horses or mares between 4/3 years old to 16 years old.
- Race horses or mares between 4/3 years old to 9 years old.
- Dressage horses or mares between 4/3 years old to 18 years old.
- Breeding mares between 3 to 15 years of age.
- Stallions from 14 to 18 years old.
- Pony or donkey or mule from 6 months to 20 years.
What other requirements must horses meet to be hired?
- They must have a permanent address in Spain.
- They must be saddle horses and / or ride show jumping, dressage and training competitions, exhibitions or similar.
- Official vaccinations and good health.
- Not present illnesses or injuries.
- Intended for uses mentioned in the policy.
- Animals recognized by a veterinarian with the report signed by a veterinarian appointed by the insurance company.
- The evaluations must be accredited with: purchase invoices, registration as a purebred, classifications in fairs and competitions or exhibitions, classification history and other documents that serve, to establish their valuation.
Can the premium change during the life of the insurance?
During the term of the insurance, the valuation may change from the moment the animals turn 14 years of age, because the value of the animals depreciates 15% per year by age from 14 years.
Other frequently asked questions about horse insurance:
- What surcharge will they pay for exceeding the age limits?
- From and to what age are horses insured?
- Can horses be insured abroad?
- What to do in case of an accident?
- What veterinary benefit does it cover?