Turn your house into the scariest place in the neighborhood on Halloween with these 10 ideas and proposals to decorate on Halloween
1. Monster tracks
With a marker, draw a footprint on a large sponge. Trim the footprint. Pour washable paint into a pot.
Soak the sponge in paint and sponge footprints from the sidewalk to the front door for visitors to follow.
Flip the sponge over to paint the other foot prints.
2. Green squash
A good idea is to sculpt green peppers as lanterns. We can line up, and even try red and yellow bell peppers as well, and form an army of scary faces to greet the goblins at the door. They never recover from fright!
3. Little ghosts
Crumple tissue paper into a ball and place it in the center of another piece of tissue paper. Lift up the corners of the smooth paper and wrap around the ball. Tie a rolled strip or piece of ribbon around the ghost's neck and draw a face with a marker. They can be hung around the house. A black hat and colored paper cape can also be glued and prepared to make a witch.
4. Horrifying and evil witches
- Cut the lid off a milk carton.
- Cover the cardboard with black cardboard and tape from behind.
- Cut a strip of white paper about 8cm wide and glue it around the black cardboard at the top.
- Draw the scary face of a witch on the white paper. Glue some yarn to make the hair.
- Make a cone-shaped witch hat out of black paper and glue it on top.
- Cut out the arms and hands from white paper and the feet from black paper and glue them to the witch.
- Stick an ice cream stick in one of the witch's hands.
- Cut two small pieces of yellow paper and trim a few fringes at the bottom of both. Glue one on each side of the popsicle stick to make the broom.
- We can give a witch to each friend if we have a Halloween party.
5. Flying ghosts
Start with a piece of gauze 1.80m long and 90cm wide. Place a balloon filled with white helium in the middle of the fabric and gather the gauze around the balloon loosely. Draw a hideous face on the gauze with a marker. We can put several ghosts in a box, so that when someone opens it, the ghosts float out in the air and scare everyone. We can also line them up in front of an open window or fan and see how they float and move smoothly in the air.
6. Disgusting spider webs
Cut some 1.30m long ribbons and glue them to the ceiling. We will need a very dimly lit room. Just before the victim arrives we can moisten the strips with water. When people walk into the area of the wet and slimy strips, they rub against their foreheads and they will be scared.
7. Parts of the human body
This is a good decoration for a dimly lit room. We can have several buckets with pieces of limbs to scare our friends. We can cut several sausages to the proper length to look like severed fingers. Cook some noodles and spaghetti with blue and red food coloring to make them look like veins. A group of chives swinging in a bowl will look like eyes. We can also fill a red balloon with hot water, spread strawberry jam and invite our friends to touch a brain.
8. Bones that crunch underfoot
In 10 Halloween ideas, spread pieces of dry bread and crackers under a rug. When guests walk on the carpet it will sound like they are stepping on eggs.
9. Sound effects
We can record various scary sounds and play them back during the party. A large sheet of metal or cardboard can act as thunder. By pouring uncooked rice on a baking tray we can make the rain. Crumple up a handful of cellophane to crack the fire. Add a few homegrown screams. Cut carrots in half for the sound of breaking bones. Shake a plastic bag in front of the microphone to make the bats sound. Blow gently through a straw into a bowl of liquid to achieve the sound of a bog. Look around your house and yard for a squeaky hinge and etch it before someone greases it up.
10. Lighting at the Halloween party
When we have everything illuminated with such a dim light it is a good idea to put some reflective tape on the exits. Black light bulbs always give a good effect, especially if we are disguising ourselves as a skeleton. This is one of the top 10 ideas for Halloween.
Topics related to 10 ideas for Halloween:
- Easy Halloween cookies
- How to make Halloween decorations
- Homemade Halloween costumes
- Halloween decoration
- Tips for an ecological and sustainable Halloween
- Cookies for Halloween
- Preparing a pumpkin for Halloween